Burnham MPO oil boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricV

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Saranac, NY
I'm looking to replace a 21 year old Weil McLain with a new Burnham MPO.

Anyone with experience with these? I was looking at the Viessman but they are a bit pricey.

Burnham mpo is a good boiler- you won't be unhappy. I recently installed one for a friend whose V73 developed a leak. The v73 was 14 years old, Burnham gave us a credit because of the leak ( 500) which was applied to the mpo purchase. much quieter, and they're saving $ on fuel.
Some would criticize the leaker, but Burnham is a stand up company, and paid their share. My friend " traded up for about $ 2000 (parts only) and is extremely happy.
If you compare the purchase price and depreciation with your car or truck- he really did well, and traded up to brand new equipment relatively inexpensively

Nothing wrong with Burnham or the MPO. They are a great company to deal with as noted by another poster here. If you want to seek some more advice go over to www.heatinghelp.com and get on the "Wall" there. That's the best site in the industry for gas/oil fired equipment in the industry. www.oiltechtalk.com is another one. Dan Holohan and Alan Mecurio, the guys that run those sites are both good friends and have a wealth of information to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.