Burning Corn in 10-CPM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
The guys at Englander really did a great job setting these stoves up. I started burning about a 50/50 corn pellet mix this morning with the control set for corn and she burns perfectly...great heat...great flame...cleaner glass than with straight pellets. Soon I'll run a hopper of straight corn. I'm sure it will burn well.

I have been looking at this stove but have not seen one in person.

How often and how do you clean the firepot? Does it have an agitator?

Is it the type that the ashes fall into the ashpan?

My My Vernon claims to burn corn but the corn clinker never falls into the ashpan when it auto cleans.

Thanks
BIH

It has a stirrer through the pot to keep it stirred up and help "split" the corn for more of a complete burn. The ashes that fall through the burn pot fall directly into an ashpan...the fly ash accumulates on the sides of burn pot where there are little slider doors to sweep the ash down to the pan.

I've only been running my CPM for a little over a week and I've done a few cleanings just because I am learning the stove. However, one forum member with lots of experience with this stove has gone some insane time between cleanings just to see how long he could go.....As I recall it was either 68 bags of pellets or 68 days of burning. Maybe he will come along and tell us more. I can't comment on the corn yet, but after 5 or 6 hours (had to shut it down...too hot) my pot is burned almost completely clean with very little ash and only a few partially burnt kernels of corn.

Sure.... Rub it in...... ;-P

It prob burns Chit too???

Sounds like its burning great for you. Why its still on my Top 3 list!!!

Hmmm....4 dogs here...but out of respect...I'll let Imacman try first...after all he is the resident CPM authority for sure.

*checks the manual for proper settings*

jrsdws said:
Hmmm....4 dogs here...but out of respect...I'll let Imacman try first...after all he is the resident CPM authority for sure.

;-P

Mmmmmmm.... Seeing how I am an exhaust sniffer, I will let someone else judge how "Nice" it smells!! :lol:

jrsdws said:

Not sure what this is all about.....

imacman said:
jrsdws said:

Not sure what this is all about.....

Turd burnin.

Sometimes I think we could use a "manure manager" around here!!! :lol:

I second that.

Status
Not open for further replies.