Burning next years maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundgunner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2013
Rural CT
Burning next years maple now but at least I have it. CSS in August, I have a bit of pine left from what I planed to burn this year but I'm going to wait until it gets into the 40s and 50s for that. August maple is doing OK. I have gone thru over 12 cords so far this year doing 2 houses & DHW for both. I thought 31+ cords in October was a 3 year supply but it is looking like I need closer to 40 cords.

We did get to make a snowman with todays snow! That is my daughter and granddaughter making the best of the first weekend of spring.

Goes fast. With this winter especially. Nice snowman too.

Yay for the snowman and you'll get the recipe mix. Some years more and some years less.
This is the first year I feel kind of sad to see the snow disappearing. It was too cold to do any outdoor sports this winter.

Yikes, 32 cord is a lot. Do you scrounge, or get log loads delivered? I'm dreading having to get 20 cords for a 4 year supply.

Great pics, love the Smith and Wesson too......

Yeah I scrounged it all, the power company cut a lot last year and I bought a lot of coffee for the crews. I have replaced 5 cords of the wood I have burned so far. This year I want to spend more time on the motorcycle and shooting and less time humping wood. I also have been able to replace last years wood with maple, elm, ash & birch so far, no pine.

I can't really complain, it is only 6+ cords per house and we use no oil in winter at all. Summer time we burn oil for DHW in each. My mother in law is in the other house, both houses run 74 all winter long, the wood saves me a fortune in oil.

We are a shooting family, IDPA, bowling pins, NRA training and self defense for women. We all carry S&W but we shoot some of the others also.

This is the 2 of us as safety officers at a joint services match.

This is Angel trying my 45 against moving targets.

And her with her own gun, (shot the match in heels) (kids)

And running dad thru the course of fire.

Life has been good to me.

just awesome.. but you need to show pics of the wood piles to show how good life has been..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.