Burnpot doesn't fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlobitz

Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2008
Nor Cal
I bought a new burnpot for my Lennox Country Winslow PI40 pellet stove insert only to find that the new burnpot is about 1/8" too small for the collar on the stove. The burnpot kinda floats in the circle a bit and actually teeters and totters back and forth as well. This stove's specs have been crap from the beginning. It's always off a little hear and there...anyway...my question is can I use some metal ducting tape like the kind used around the exhaust vent on the stove to beef up the circumference of the burnpot. Will that tape take that kind of beating? Just a small strip here and there to get the $100 burnpot to sit properly in the collar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.