Burns and Gloves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular old welding gloves for reloading . . . heavy duty red stove gloves (given free of charge . . . thank you Evergreen Home Solutions) for hauling the sometimes hot ash pan outside to dump the ashes . . . but sometimes I like to tempt fate and load the stove without using the gloves . . . besides I've got to get some nice burns one way or another so folks think I'm one tough, bad-@$# firefighter . . . although more likely they'll just look at me and think I am one dumb @$# firefighter for not wearing gloves. ;) :)

index.php

Gark said:
This fireproof sleeve goes all the way up to the shoulder. For our top-loader, reaching all the way in to adjust the logs is NP. Got it at the local welders' supply store. Paid for itself first time I used it.
Wow! Impressive. Those gloves look positively industrial. Thanks for the photo.

Note to self: Buy cheap pair of welding gloves at Harbor Freight.

'Baker's arms'? I did a brief stint in a bakery 41 years ago- about a week of it, while in the military. I still have 3 thin, faintly visible scars on my left wrist and thumb area, all these years later. Yeah, I have a few stove burns to show for this winter's heating, but that stove doesn't scare me. Maybe it should.

I may not have said that right. Probably those are pretty expensive gloves. But I bet they work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.