busting ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Got the last of the 13-14 wood done with the help of the boys! Still need to get it stacked. with the weather last few days, I am glad the bucking/splitting is done!

Attachments

• firewood.jpg
    firewood.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: smokinj
Looks like the boys got a workout! Can't beat working with your sons (and daughters) - memories that will last a long time! Good work! Cheers!

You are not using the Beagle to split it are you?:) Good looking family and dogs.

Gary
I bet the beagle is the supervisor.
Looks like you & the boys were having fun. :)

I love those ash rounds that size. Fun to split.

It's been great weather to process firewood. Looks like everyone (including the dogs) is having a great time!

THANKS! We do enjoy it, even the girls. The beagle has to be kept on a leash while outside, if she gets away, you will have an afternoon of running through the brush! The black one hangs close and keeps an eye on the boys. The boys like to wack at the ash rounds, the few ugly ones we get I will bust open or toss them aside for the gas power splitter. I have always enjoyed wood processing, but its much more enjoyable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.