Busy weekend, all set for 2011-12(pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rphurley

Feeling the Heat
Nov 5, 2008
Central/Eastern CT
I finally got around to splitting the wood that I've been collecting. The Timberwolf splitter that I rent each year has never let me down. I'm guessing I have 6 cords or more, but I can never tell until it's stacked. Among the piles are Black Birch, White Oak, Shagbark Hickory, various Maples and some old Elm. In addition, I have what I was guessing was Red Oak, but I never took the time to narrow it down, (it's some type of Oak)! Now the hard work of stacking begins.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 467
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 481
Nice place you got there!

And just when I'm feeling good about my wood scrounging I see pics like this that make me feel I need to get back out there and gather some more!

Thanks Jay. And Bob, the scrounging sickness never stops. As I was returning the splitter I noticed a huge Oak had toppled on a golf course down the street. I wanted to pull in and see if I could harvest some ot the wood, but I figured that my wife would have me comitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.