Buyer Beware

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrz0610

Burning Hunk
Dec 13, 2011
Eastern CT, Andover
So I was out near Torrington today and needed some pellets. I decided to stop in to CT Pellet since I've never been there and am not usually in that area. I was disappointed. I was looking for some high ash pellets stored outside in ripped bags under a downspout but there were none to be found. I was hoping to deal with somebody who didn't know a pellet from rock salt who would inform me that all pellets are the same and try to sell me whatever was easiest to get to at the highest price but that was a non-starter. I looked forward to arguing with somebody about splitting a ton and buying about 10 bags but no argument was available. I was hoping to be brushed aside and treated like an inconvenience but that didn't even happen. Bummer.

Instead what happened was I dealt with the owner, Scott, who knows his stuff better than I do at a facility with inside storage, plenty of stock, and a wide variety of pellets at a decent price. The guy even spent 45 minutes shooting the breeze with me and talking pellets as well as alerting me to a few deals coming up around springtime. He then even had the nerve to toss in an extra bag at no charge. He was straightforward and knowledgeable and treated all the people calling on the phone as people and not customers. He was even asking people if they had enough to get through until their next delivery! The nerve of this guy. Well, I guess that's what you get when you go someplace other than the box store. Now I have to burn these super low ash high heat Turmans until I can find some moist Infernos someplace for over $300 a ton. Or maybe I'll just have him deliver 4 tons this spring for 75 bucks and stop my weekly belittling at the local Home Depot. It's a toss up.

Thanks Scott. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Reactions: thedude110
You didn't do what I did "did ya"? I kept bending down to pick up all the loose pellets I saw and put them in my pocket. I don't think Scott caught me, But Matt did! ;em

What did you think of all them pellet stacks? ::-)

I get a kick out of Scott. He's a hoot to chat with.

I had them deliver 3 ton last year and I have nothing but the best to say about CT Pellet and Scott except I wish they were closer to me so I could stop buy and pick up a ton when needed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.