Buying gas fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Beez01

Mar 12, 2019
Girard, KS
Need advice on gas fireplace for new construction. Contractor tells me it’s time to get fireplace ordered. Looking for a large fireplace not necessarily to heat whole home but to ease a little from electric bill. Floor plan is pretty open with 2300 square feet top floor with full walkout basement. I think I have settled on a few options just want to get some opinions on here.
FireplaceX 4237 tv deluxe
FireplaceX 864 tv 40k deluxe
Mendota FV42
Mendota DXV60
I know there are 2 different sizes in both brands listed. Just really wanting to get some feed back. Fireplace will sit on main floor would like to possibly duct a little heat to basement to below if it would help any. Live in southeast Kansas so winters aren’t horrible but still pretty cold. Any help is appreciated thanks.

I can speak as to the Travis industries FP the 4237 is a awesome fireplace especially with the bonfire log set where it looks like a teepee inside the firebox actually pulls the flames up just a little bit higher than normal due to the log configuration. My only concern is that beast is 60K BTU. I would steer you more towards a 40K the new top down light that they have is a really nice feature and if it is the clean face look of the 4237 that you like you are able to get that in the 40K, I installed one for work a couple months ago and the customer was thrilled with it.