c/s/s a load of oak this morning ..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
cut split and stacked this load this morning..i actually manually split this oak...and i gotta tell you it felt good..i usually manually split a lot of my wood...but havent lately ....this felt good..makes u fell like a man..lol..its gonna get hot here today so wanted to get this done early..
89880EE1-9714-4AB9-A84D-0043C1A389B5-10221-00000B7450534193.jpg

thats some nice looking oak

Nice work and nice wood.

cut split and stacked this load this morning..i actually manually split this oak...and i gotta tell you it felt good..

Nice work there and good looking stacks! And yes it does make ya feel good doesn't it? Though I readily admit I feel good putting up stacks even using a hydraulic splitter... I split the easier stuff manually, and throw the "uncooperative" pieces into a pile for splitter day. I must say, as time goes by, I seem to find more "uncooperative" pieces... hmmmm. ;hm

Reactions: Gasifier
Cool steeltowninwv. Nice job getting that oak to the drying phase. Thanks for the pic. Another one that will incourage me to get back to work on mine. I have three days off coming up. First day, finish moving this years wood in under the porch. Second and third day, go get wood for next year. ==c Yea!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm with you on splitting your wood by hand. We think alike, I could use the splitter but I prefer using the maul and doing it by hand for the workout.

Reactions: Billybonfire
cant go wrong with oak, nice job !!

Nice.....

Lots of satisfaction from a job well done. I used to really enjoy a day splitting wood, still do, but the body is beginning to complain some these days.

By all means, keep it up while you can. I always enjoyed splitting wood by hand but sometimes life gets in the way. After an injury, I still fought it for too long and finally got the hydraulics. Splitting is fun again only in a different way.

Reactions: AJS56 and milleo
Status
Not open for further replies.