CAB50 trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveman88

Oct 4, 2014
Greenville OH
I have a CAB50 that is about 1 1/2 - 2 years old, I bought it this summer and it has been working fine for the most part until yesterday. It had a clinker while my wife and I were away for a family Christmas so when I got home I cleaned the fire pot out and restarted the unit, and it started fine. The exhaust fan came on, pellets fed in, the flame ignited, no issues, but once the blower fan came on it didn't feed any more pellets and eventually went out. I have tried restarting several times and it continues to do the same thing, once the blower comes on the pellets stop feeding. any ideas?

Mine did that a few times and I cleaned out the auger,vacuumed out the tube by taking the motor in the back off, gave it a thorough cleaning, including blower and blades, reset everything and it seems to work fine since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.