Cahill Coal Fireplace Arts & Crafts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Circa-1905 Arts & Crafts bungalow which has an original coal-burning fireplace in the living room. The fireplace is a Cahill coal-burning fireplace. Does anyone have any information on this fireplace insert? I'd like to restore the fireplace, but don't want to use it because the house has a new central HVAC/gas pac unit. The house also has two new electric fireplace inserts with holographic flames and also a vented gas log fireplace, but I'm mainly interested in the coal fireplace.

Can't move, but I will 'bump' by posting. 1905 is a bit old, even for a geezer like me. But I have seen Cahill fireplace parts and mantels at auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.