Calefi 280 mixing valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello to all, I have been running a seton boiler since 2008, in 2010 I added 1000 gal storage and run it wide open up to 165 then shut it down untill the next morning. I also installed the Calefi 280 valve at that time and last year it started to hum on and off. Lately it has become more frequent and it seems to be after the water is above 150. Does anybody know if there is a rebuild kit or should I replace the valve. It appears to be working fine but has me worried it might be ready to fail. Any advice is appreciated, i read the tech brocure but could only find info about the cartridge sensor. My guess its got more to do with the internal spring? Thanks, Craig

I would replace the whole valve, I know it expensive, but you don't want this to mess up. I use a regulus TSV B valve, it works well but its not NPT.