1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Can anyone ID this old stove?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by 5 Furnace, Mar 14, 2013.

1. 5 Furnace

5 Furnace Member

Loc:
    Hudson Valley
    There are a bunch of wood stoves set aside for resale at the local scrap yard (bottom photo)

The tiny one in the middle is a Trolla, and that is really cool- actively looking for a home for that. The one on the right is a Federal, eh.

the one on the left is really cool too- I have seen it before somewhere- and found this photo from a mod house from the 60's or early 70s with the stove it it:

vintage stove photo.jpg salvage wood stoves.jpg

Anyone know what this stove is? I think the flue and damper on top of it belongs to the fireplace insert on the right.

thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Does look like a Taiwan knock-off of a Jotul or Morso.
  4. 5 Furnace

5 Furnace Member

Loc:
    Hudson Valley
  5. 5 Furnace

5 Furnace Member

Loc:
    Hudson Valley
    Turns out to be a US knock off. No ID on the back except some model numbers and "made in USA" on back. I bought. All 3 for $180. The Jotul Combi knock off is going into a barn I am building, the Trolla will likely go in my basement, and the third, a Franklin Stove Works Scandia 150 (USA) will go to my brother's syrup making project.

Still, would love to know. Who made the Jotul combi poser!