1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

can anyone identify this stove ?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Dave404, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dave404

Dave404 New Member

a bad pic, looks like the word "fireplace" on the right side. anyone can identify the brand ,model ? thank you.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    Yep, a bad pic. Try again?
  3. Dave404

Dave404 New Member

it is a craiglist pic. i think its a schrader fireplace stove. has brass looking doors. cant find much info on one with doors like it. anyone familiar with this type ?
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yup, it's a Schrader Fireplace insert. I think it was based on their King stove? It's a big honking old stove. Looks like someone plated the doors on that one and the air controls appear to be missing.

schrader_fireplace_insert_.jpg
  5. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Schrader made freestanding and pedestal models as well.
    Here's some from the Fisher Clone file;

Schrader Fireplace CL.jpg Schrader FP 1.jpg

Schrader FP.jpg Schrader Pedestal.jpg

Schrader 3.jpg
  6. CalifKid

CalifKid New Member

Loc:
    Tennessee
    Yes, it is a Schrader Fireplace insert. I have the Schrader King which if I remember correctly was the largest one they made. We bought ours in the early 1980's in California. The doors and air controls are exactly as you see them in the picture. There is nothing missing. Those are threaded spinners that you open or close to give it the right air volume while the fire gets started and or to control the burn. I believe that the doors are made of aluminum and then they just sprayed them with the black BBQ paint and then buffed off the tree design to get the paint off and just add a little to the decor. It is a great stove. We stoked it up with almond wood before going to bed, and it burned all night and still had live coals in the morning to start the new fire with. Ironically we have had our sitting in our living room as a decoration for 15 years, as we have no fireplace or chimney. After being without electricity for four days of 6 degree weather last week, we've decided to redo the damper on the back and retro fit it for a stove pipe/damper coming out of the top and start using it again as a wood stove rather than fireplace insert. We also have the screen that was made for it and used when the doors opened for atmosphere.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  7. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    My only complaint about the stove is that the hinges look too tiny. :p