1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Q&A Can Free Heat Machine Be Used With LP Gas Logs?

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

I have a Free Heat Machine Fireplace Insert in my masonry fireplace. I would like to install LP Gas Logs. ( A free heat machine is a set of glass doors with stainless steel tubes attached to the top and bottom of the doors. The tubes draw room air in at the bottom. The room air is heated by the fire and vented back into the room through the top of the tube. The room air is moved with a blower.) The burner will fit below the tubes, and the logs will lay on the tubes. Is this safe to do?

Answer:

It may or may not be safe, but since it is not a listed function of the unit, you probably should not do it.

If it was done, the doors would have to remain open full time since vented gas logs require a full opening. Best to remove the Free Heat Machine. If you want heat, install a vent-free log or a complete gas fireplace insert.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.