Can I do this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi: What kind of stove is it? What does the manual say about burning multi-fuels? Can't help much without more info.

Ignoring the stove, please ensure that your exhaust is rated for corn - it is corrosive.

Cheers

Kenny

If your stove is still under warranty and it not a multifuel, don't bother
to burn anything but pellets or you will risk voiding your warranty if
something goes wrong.

Scoop said:
Amanda ----don't try popcorn if that's maybe the way you were going.

Oh...you caught me! ;-)

I won't try it, I just wondered why I couldn't. I know someone who put in a corn/grain stove but they had to burn a bag of wood pellets first.

It's easier to start a corn fire with pellets, maybe that's what they meant. Ive burned both and corn takes more attention than pellets. Ít burns hotter, and needs more precise stove settings to keep burning. But with practise, its just like xxx, its something you never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.