Can I stop? I wish it was possable.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shesh, that's a lot of CSS'ing!

We had to stop, we can't figure out where else to stack without ruining the view of the lake. And while we're both addicted to scrounging, we're not that addicted! I can tell you this, if you DO run out of space, passing on free rounds is pretty painful even if you know you've got a good stash! It was pretty killer this year to drive by wood, already bucked curbside and not stop to grab it, and to tell the folks down the street we couldn't take any more of their beetle kill...

Shesh, that's a lot of CSS'ing!

We had to stop, we can't figure out where else to stack without ruining the view of the lake. And while we're both addicted to scrounging, we're not that addicted! I can tell you this, if you DO run out of space, passing on free rounds is pretty painful even if you know you've got a good stash! It was pretty killer this year to drive by wood, already bucked curbside and not stop to grab it, and to tell the folks down the street we couldn't take any more of their beetle kill...

I'm still kicking myself over wood I drove by last year and earlier this year.
Kicking.

One final day, I said, to myself that's it! I just can let it lie there any more! (after two weeks), and wouldn't you know that was the day the crew came to clean up.

Its all over the place. I have a 5 ft wide X 6 ft high woodstack fence that's about 150 ft long. Another that is 30. A sheter logic full. Then various 5X6X10 stacks splattered around. All are top covered with rubber roofing. I only have an acre of land, all the stacks are on the border. Slowly making barricade of wood around the property.

You sure you not one of those that call a face cord a cord?

I think you need to take a screen shot of google maps or earth of your property and post it here

I don't think his screen is big enough ;) to capture it all !!!
A billboard on I-95 might do the trick
and then we might actually have a chance of finding Waldo

I'm still kicking myself over wood I drove by last year and earlier this year.
Kicking.

One final day, I said, to myself that's it! I just can let it lie there any more! (after two weeks), and wouldn't you know that was the day the crew came to clean up.

Lol...do you drive by after it's gone and think "that's where that nice pile of bucked rounds was last week"? cuz we do...it's really an addiction.

Reactions: OldLumberKid
I think you need to take a screen shot of google maps or earth of your property and post it here
I think someone found their stacks don't appear to be as large as their initial description may have indicated...

I've been watching this thread to see if any pics show up to see this monster stash honestly starting to think its just a myth :)-

I'll jump on for some pics too.

Here is some older pics.

Attachments

• dans wood piles 002.JPG
    dans wood piles 002.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 227
  • dans wood piles 003.JPG
    dans wood piles 003.JPG
    375.7 KB · Views: 233
  • dans wood piles 004.JPG
    dans wood piles 004.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 217
  • dans wood piles 006.JPG
    dans wood piles 006.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 214
  • dans wood piles 008.JPG
    dans wood piles 008.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 231
  • dans wood piles 007.JPG
    dans wood piles 007.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 215
  • dans wood piles 005.JPG
    dans wood piles 005.JPG
    347.2 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: DTrain and Ashful
some more. This was before this years added 15 cord.

Attachments

• dans wood piles 009.JPG
    dans wood piles 009.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 191
  • dans wood piles 010.JPG
    dans wood piles 010.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 181
  • dans wood piles 011.JPG
    dans wood piles 011.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 183
  • dans wood piles 012.JPG
    dans wood piles 012.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 174
That's a lot of wood there. Do you push a wheelbarrow up that ramp to dump on top?

Reactions: paul bunion
Wow all I can say is wow. It's real that is a ton of heat when do u stop and run through some of ur stash how much do u burn a year.

Nah, just a resting place. The plastic on the piles have been replaced with rubber, they just don't hold up. All those stacks are 5ft wide by 6 ft or more high. Except for a couple that are 14X14. People say I have A problem with wood. I say money in the bank.

Wow all I can say is wow. It's real that is a ton of heat when do u stop and run through some of ur stash how much do u burn a year.
I burn about 5 cord with the Kuuma. I scrounge so I don't know when to stop. I can't help but think what if something happens to me, or my truck dies. With no other option than wood for heat, I have to get it when I see it. My goal is to stay 10 yrs ahead and stay there.

Makes sense awesome stuff man that's just a crazy amount of wood. That's some hard work for a good cause.

Lol...do you drive by after it's gone and think "that's where that nice pile of bucked rounds was last week"? cuz we do...it's really an addiction.

You got it exactly nailed my friend

[I seriously herniated my neck the sunday 3rd., and the pain and stiffness set in by Monday, so lugging 80lb rounds was out of the question ... I'm not going by that street,as it would be too painful to see those rounds and have to drive by 'em sittin there all beggin to be picked up. ]

Parting with 20 cords at $200 per cord sounds like a no brainier....Don't want to get labeled as a hoarder do ya!?;)

I actually like the stacking the best!

Wow! I wish I had the time to put into it. Sadly, I'm going to really have to catch up come Feb/March as I'm getting down to 1 year ahead. What kind of truck do you drive to get all that wood on it?

I think that if you're going to post here with a shamefully thin veiled attempt to brag, you should at least spell "possible" correctly in your thread title.

Last edited:
I love the scrounging and splitting part and I agree with you about stacking being the worst part.

I currently have 1/2 of my driveway covered with a ton of splits with a huge pile of rounds I have to cut down to size before I split them. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.