Can not recomend Natures Own pellets from Lowes.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
Just informational, for me I can not recomend the Natures Own pellets sold at Lowes I purchased 2 bags as a general test. When I compare pellets of the same price I am finding 8 times more ash (42oz) when running this pellets as compared to Hardwood heats or Lignetics (6 an 7 Oz). I'm also seeing about 10 degrees less heat (140 degrees) from the exchanger. This is non Scientific and this may not be the same for you and your stove but right now I would absolutly NOT burn any more of there pellets. one leftover bag of Instant heats ran through this year too and 16 oz or ash and 135 degrees. I like the new ones better.

While they are not Okies, I can say that the Hardwood heats and Lignetics purchased at CTS at $219.50 per ton, one ton each in garage, are a very good pellet. Oakies from last year had about the same Ash levels but were about 5 degrees hotter (155 degrees) but they are not available in my area any more.

trickrick,

Shall we order you a lab coat? :) hehe!

You've done what you should do. We all stress the "try before you buy". This is the because. Just imagine if you purchase a whole ton of them? I might have to come get them from you! hehe.

More proof for batch variance which is tough on the pellet buyers. Joe say they ran awesome. rick say they stink. But if rick got the exact same batch joe did. Who nows what rick might think????

Hello

Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes in my area all seem to get wood pellets from manufacturers down south (i.e. Natures Heat, Freedom Fuel ...etc.) using trees in that region. I have been purchasing wood pellets from Grain or Stove dealers around here that get hardwood pellets made from trees up north here and Canada (i.e. Logik-e, New England Wood Pellets).

I have tried them all but only like and purchase tons made up north. They seem to give more heat, burn longer and have less ash. Does that make sense??

Status
Not open for further replies.