Can woodstove share same chimney as pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could go out, then up, then bend out and hang it from the soffit so it dumps out under the gutter?
that sounds like allot of elbows to collect dust to me i would personally rather go through the eve or use long standoffs and just go out far enough to miss the eve then straight up

You'd do it with just 2 90's, or like you said out far enough before turning up.

As long as you are 7' high, you should be good with the AHJ, and try to locate it in a spot of the deck you wouldn't use in the winter. In the summer you can remove the term. cap and plug it.

New
You'd do it with just 2 90's, or like you said out far enough before turning up

Yeah i just wouldn't want that elbow up under the eves it sounds like it would be a pain to clean. I am sure it would work though

Status
Not open for further replies.