1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Can you remove two sections of an adjustable 90 degree elbow?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by wendell, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wendell

wendell Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Looking at my adjustable 90, there is a warning not to straighten it completely out or it can fall apart so I am wondering if you can do this on purpose, take two sections out and out it back together (without some special tool). I need to lose a couple inches and thought this might be a lot easier than cutting a section of pipe. I only need 30 degrees of bend so the other two variable sections are just getting extended straight out.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. daryl

daryl Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western WI
    Can you use 45 degree singl wall elbows. I have had elbows come apart and do not even try too put them back together. When you get back together they are loose as a goose just do not feal safe.IMO
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I doubt you could do that Wendell. Can't you twist is in such a way as to lose some of that space? It is amazing all the angles you can come up with using the adjustable elbows. Otherwise, I'd go with cutting the straight pipe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.