Canadian Tire Yardworks 5-ton splitter 060-3895-8 pusher plate & dual wedge bolts don't align

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Pusher picture.jpg
Dual wedge picture.jpg

Hello, I purchased a Canadian Tire Yardworks 5-ton splitter 060-3895-8 pusher plate & dual wedge bolts don't align. I unbolted the pusher plate to install the dual wedge & even when you push the rods up the bolt holes don't line up. I tried calling Yardworks but they suggest I bring it in for repair at the Tool Doctor in Kitchener. I am willing to do that, but I thought I would post the issue on this forum in case anyone has run into this. Regards, Andrew Baumgartner

Looks like somebody has a bad jig. Depending on how the other side is put together, the fix is probably hogging out the metal so the through bolt can slide through.

It might be less of a hassle to just do it vs bringing it to a repair place, leaving it, then picking it back up once it’s been fixed.