Cannot adjust pilot to impinge upon thermocouple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hank M

Dec 19, 2019
Missouri
I am the orignal owner of a Heat-n-glo 7000TR, LP, standing pilot, fireplace, installed around 2000. The pilot light flame falls short of the thermocouple and thus will not remain lit. The pilot adjustment screw seems to have no effect on the pilot flame. Pretty sure gas pressure is normal. Any ideas?

Pretty sure gas pressure is normal isn't good enough.
Measure it to be sure. There are gas ports on the valve.
I would also take the pilot assembly apart ,
clear out the pilot tube & orifice with compressed air.

Pretty sure gas pressure is normal isn't good enough.
Measure it to be sure. There are gas ports on the valve.
I would also take the pilot assembly apart ,
clear out the pilot tube & orifice with compressed air.
Let me post a follow up on this. I wasn't able to check the gas pressure due to lack of a gas pressure gauge but I was able to blow out the pilot gas line. When I did, a puff of soot/dust/dirt came out of the oriface. When reassembled, the pilot light and fireplace worked normally. Thanks for the good advice.

Reactions: DAKSY