cannot get low pressure switch to enguage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lougheed

Oct 27, 2011
michigan
well, i'm at it again with my harman accenture insert. my auger will not enguage, but the feed motor light comes on, so i've:

1. testted the motor, and replaced the pressure switch, they are both good. i
2. replaced the gasket on the door, and stood on the hopper lid to make sure it's good.
3. checked the seal on my exaust fan, removed the fines from my slide, and under the burn pot.
4. ran a rod thru my vent tube

any other ideas on why my i cannot get the vaccuum i need?

Did you check your door gasket and/or ash pan door gasket?

Is your combustion blower actually turning?

Is the flapper in the air intake stuck shut?

Is there anything in the OAK if you use one?

i've replaced the door gasket, but not sure what the ash pan door gasket is? my combustion blower is turning, and i can hear the flapper tapping when i pull it out.

lougheed said:
i've replaced the door gasket, but not sure what the ash pan door gasket is? my combustion blower is turning, and i can hear the flapper tapping when i pull it out.

Is the vacuum tube clear and hooked up to switch and the barb on the stove end also clear?

If your vacuum switch has two ports on it is the tube on the correct port (one port is for vacuum/ the other for pressure).

There may not be a ash pan door on your stove, on a large number of stoves that is a possible source of what you are experiencing.

i can blow thru the vaccuum tube and it seems unobstructed. when i put a straw on the vaccuum switch and sucked the auger motor kicked right on. keep the ideas coming i'm at a loss. i've had this stove for 6 years without trouble and i thought i knew it inside and out. but i'm at a loss. is there a type of test to find where i'm sucking air? i've even contimplated a smoke bomb.

Have you looked at the termination cap (sometimes those get closed off by crud)?

Also the burn pot holes are they clear?

You said you replaced the door gasket, did you do the dollar bill test to make sure that the door is actually closing evenly on all sides?

Is your stove horizontally vented, can you get to the venting, do you own a leaf blower that can also be used as a leaf vacuum, you may want to let the leaf blower do its thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.