Can't solve this issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe684

Apr 13, 2014
Connecticut
Hi everyone, if anybody has a solution to this problem, I'm all ears.

I have a Vermont Castings Radiance Model # RADVT burning LP. When I first had it installed it was sooting, had the stove guys ove,r had the gas guys over, 4 times in all. Long story short, the air restrictor plate was totally removed, which helped some, but here's where I am now. The fire starts out fine, mostly blue, short flames. But after 15 minutes or so the flames will stretch out real thin and tall soot a bit and fall back down to a more normal flame, sometimes it does it a lot, sometimes just a little bit. The stove has been checked, more than once, to make sure it is set to burn LP, because it can burn NG as well. The flue is at the proper measurements. ( Although it seems to me that's where the trouble is, because it act's like it's an air flow problem.) I don't know who else to call for help on this one. Maybe one of you have seen this kind of thing before, although the stove maybe possessed and in need of a priest. I would really be grateful, for any feed back. Thanks, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.