Carbon Monoxide detector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TODJ2002

Nov 4, 2010
UPSTATE NY
I bought a carbon monoxide detector about a month ago or so, and i kinda wonder how or if it works. i held it directly in front of my pellet stove and it never went off. thats a good thing right? well i took it outside and and held it at the exhaust area also and it still never went off. wouldnt it or shouldnt it go off from the exhaust of the stove? i just want to make sure we are all safe and i wonder about the detector, i never had one before. maybe i will go hold it to my truck exhaust, if it doesnt go off from that, then something surely is wrong? any thoughts? thanks.

my truck exhaust made it go off. i had to hold it right up close to it for probably 2 minutes but it did finally go off. good to know, makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.