1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Carolina or Wolverine Boots?

Post in 'The Gear' started by tbuff, Dec 13, 2012.

1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Yup . . . always nice to just go in and they can pull up the computer with all my measurements and what I get each and every time.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sean McGillicuddy

Sean McGillicuddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Easton mass.
    I have a pair of Carolina's I use for wood work, Wolverines for cold and snowy days but live in my Timberline Pro boots ( best cushioning ) Shattered an ankle awhile back. In the house LL Bean's
    [​IMG]
    No bear feet any more.
  3. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Do the LLBeans come in steel toe?
  4. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I only wear my boots when i'm naked as well..... :eek:
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Here's some footwear for those "bear" feet!

Attached Files:

tbuff likes this.
  6. Sean McGillicuddy

Sean McGillicuddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Easton mass.
    Another good thing is rubber soles :p take the dogs out in them!
  7. tbuff

tbuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ

Jake- with toenails that long its a wonder you don't go through 20 pairs of RedWings a year....
  8. mking7

mking7 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    West, TX
    I used to wear Red Wings exclusively until they started making some of their stuff in China. I buy stuff from China but I try not to when I can. I did a little research and discovered Thorogood Boots. Made in the USA and very similar to Red Wings (at least in the style I wear). I bought my normal slip ons and got a steel toe pair of lace ups too. The lace ups were stiff for a week or two and I was about to give up on them and boom, they broke in. I now wear them exclusively. Good quality. Every bit as good as my last pair of Red Wings (lasted me about a year) and probably better (been in the Thorogoods for over a year now and I have lots of wear left). It's a pretty subjective thing but the Thorogoods will hold up to Red Wings and none of their boots are made in China.

Again, some Red Wings are still made in the USA but some of their lines aren't. Did I mention my Thorogoods were $80 cheaper than the same boot in Red Wing? Red Wing prices have gotten a little ridiculous if you ask me.
  9. adrpga498

adrpga498 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Ditto
  10. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

Nope. I wear earth sandals for a few hours after work on warm or very hot days,occasionally my 15 yr old Nike high tops.But neither one are as comfortable as my boots,especially if I am doing much walking.No shoes of any kind inside the house,just socks.Shoes track stuff in & wear the carpet out faster.Socks are cheap,when they have holes worn in them,in the shop rag bag they go.