Castle pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maineguy32

Oct 29, 2023
Hollis Center, Maine
I've owned this Castle pellet stove for 5 years. Have had zero issues till begining of this heating season. The gfci breaker in my panel keeps tripping. I disconnected any other power plugged into this circuit and it did not help. Checked the ignitor fo corrosion but it looks great. I get no error messages on display it just trips off line. Any ideas

I've owned this Castle pellet stove for 5 years. Have had zero issues till begining of this heating season. The gfci breaker in my panel keeps tripping. I disconnected any other power plugged into this circuit and it did not help. Checked the ignitor fo corrosion but it looks great. I get no error messages on display it just trips off line. Any ideas
I would plug the stove into a standard outlet (non gfi) to see if the stove maintains a run. GFCI breakers do fail at times. Yes there is some risk doing this so please don’t do this unless you understand the ramifications. Trouble shooting the stove and circuit with proper meters is the correct way.