Castle serenity room temp probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sytamra

Jul 7, 2017
New Mexico
the probe is on the back side of the stove and heats up to WAY over room temp in just minutes after fireup. Comments? Solutions?
Thanks
BA

Not entirely sure what the problem is. Is it that you are getting less heat that desired since the stove "thinks" it reached the right temp too soon? Or is it that is under-heating as it thinks the "entire" room already reached the desired temperature?.

In my case, i have mine in the basement and, well obviously the temp will vary depending on how far you are form the stove, I measure a 5 degree difference between what my stove measures and what the thermostat on the opposite wall registers.

In my case, as long as my basement is 78-80 the rest of my house will be around 72-74.. perfect for me as i like to wear winter clothes inside the house and not having to wear shorts/sandals like it was summer.

Possibly a solution is better air flow around the room and the house, but that hasn't been really a problem for me yet.

Can you elaborate on your problem?

if I remember correctly there is slack in the temp probe wire inside the stove but I believe it is wired tied , this would allow you to move the sensor away from the stove and get a more accurate reading

if I remember correctly there is slack in the temp probe wire inside the stove but I believe it is wired tied , this would allow you to move the sensor away from the stove and get a more accurate reading
Sorry for the delay...the temp might show 68 when I fire it up but 74 before the conv.fan comes on. Makes sense to move the probe. I suppose the wire could be cut and extended if necessary. Thanks!