Cat Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_376

Burning Hunk
Feb 14, 2012
central Ct
I am thinking about a new insert for next year. My Avalon has done a fine job and I have very few complaints about it. I am interested in getting long burn times and everything I have read says that a Cat stove is better than a secondary air stove. I've done some looking into the hybrid insert which Avalon sells but the burn times don't appear to be any longer than my current stove. Are there any options for a new insert with LONG burn times besides a BK princess.

I am thinking about a new insert for next year. My Avalon has done a fine job and I have very few complaints about it. I am interested in getting long burn times and everything I have read says that a Cat stove is better than a secondary air stove. I've done some looking into the hybrid insert which Avalon sells but the burn times don't appear to be any longer than my current stove. Are there any options for a new insert with LONG burn times besides a BK princess.
I believe Buck has a cat insert. But, Buck burn times do not compare to Woodstock or Blaze King burn times.

I believe Buck has a cat insert. But, Buck burn times do not compare to Woodstock or Blaze King burn times.

I would like to see somebody chime in with burn times on a Buck 91 620 pound 4.4 cubic foot cat insert. Sucker gotta toss heat for a really long time.

I looked at woodstock but couldn't find any insert on their web site, did I miss it?
The Buck is way to big to fit in my fireplace opening....4.4 cuft is huge, do you even need to split the wood ;)

I would like to see somebody chime in with burn times on a Buck 91 620 pound 4.4 cubic foot cat insert. Sucker gotta toss heat for a really long time.
I thought there were one or two members here with one. I think the usable firebox is closer to 3.5-4.0 and the burn times were in the 12-14 hour range. I could be miss-remembering.

I looked at woodstock but couldn't find any insert on their web site, did I miss it?
The Buck is way to big to fit in my fireplace opening....4.4 cuft is huge, do you even need to split the wood ;)
Woodstock does not offer any inserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.