Caulk for rebuilt mantle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2PistolPacker

Oct 22, 2014
Lenexa, Ks
My daughter started a Pinterest fireplace project about 18 months ago and I told my wife shortly after that I will inherit this project some day. Well about 2 months ago she called and let me know she was in over her head with this project and if I would "come look at it". Well it's almost done now and only two things left, caulk the seams and a final coat of paint. I don't want to use the same Rutland caulk I used to tuck the firebrick as it has too much aggregate in it. I thought of using a sanded caulk like I used around the tile in my bathroom remodel, but am afraid if anyone uses the fireplace it would melt or worse. Are there any high temp products around to fix this problem for me. The area is the gap between the new stone tile and the black steel fireplace front. Thanks

Attachments

• Old Mantel.JPG
    Old Mantel.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 516
  • New Mantle.JPG
    New Mantle.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.