Cb 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dpeck64

Hearth Supporter
Oct 23, 2010
northern Mi
Hi everyone, just got a great deal on a 1 yr old quad cb 1200 pellet stove, but there is a problem, when I plug it in the red call light comes on but nothing else, super clean inside but has sat since last April in a abandoned house. Any help would be appreciated.

I actually got the manuals from the person I bought it from , I'm thinking it's a control box issue , going to bench test the components tomorrow, but I appreciate the help, thanks!

When you plug it in did the combustion blower come on at all? Unplug, pull the control box out and back in kinda reseat it.

Reactions: kappel15
If it sat for a while, try spinning the comb. fan by hand to see if it is free. They can stick sometimes. kap

When you plug it in did the combustion blower come on at all? Unplug, pull the control box out and back in kinda reseat it.
It did not come on at all, just the call light, when I hit the reset switch something just clicks, the only light that blinks on the control box is a blue one about 20 seconds apart.

On the back of the stove is a thermostat terminal is there a jumper wire connecting the 2 terminals, or do you have a thermostat hooked up? How does the terminals look when you pull the box out, any corrosion?

On the back of the stove is a thermostat terminal is there a jumper wire connecting the 2 terminals, or do you have a thermostat hooked up? How does the terminals look when you pull the box out, any corrosion?
Actually they ran it with the jumper,so that's what I tried first, when it didn't work I hooked the thermostat to it, same result. Didn't notice corrosion at the terminals ,the base of the stove had rust around it. This thing was bought new last February , she used it till April then abandoned it, got it for $500.

You got a hell of a deal! I would go through all the motors and make sure they work good an a drop of 3&1 oil on the armatures near the bearings (just to make sure). Do you know if she left it plugged in after the abandonment? Was it on a surge protector? You could take your control box to the dealer or a friend with the same stove and have it checked for functionality. But it sounds like a bad connection somewhere (could be inside the relay) or a bad control box.

You got a hell of a deal! I would go through all the motors and make sure they work good an a drop of 3&1 oil on the armatures near the bearings (just to make sure). Do you know if she left it plugged in after the abandonment? Was it on a surge protector? You could take your control box to the dealer or a friend with the same stove and have it checked for functionality. But it sounds like a bad connection somewhere (could be inside the relay) or a bad control box.[/QUOTE. She informed me there was no power to the home so I took my Honda inverter generator, when I got there the cord was laying next to the stove, no sign of a surge protector , I almost felt sorry for the stove setting there in the condition the house was in. Lol. I really appreciate your feedback and I'm sure I'll end up with an awesome stove. Thanks again!

Quads really dont like inverters(dirty wavelengths) it may have cooked the board

So your saying I might have been the cause of the issues? Now I feel bad. Ok thanks again.
Update: thanks ssyko, did what you said about taking the control board out and putting it back in, everything is running, soon I'll have it hooked up and see how she does. Thanks again for all the help.

Reactions: Maraian
Cool glad the board is ok