Quadra-fire CB1200 red call light stays on when plugged in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

redbanshee29

Jan 29, 2024
Michigan
My CB1200 exhaust fan quit shutting off after the 10-20 minutes when I would plug it in (it would also spontaneously turn on randomly before it failed entirely). After doing some troubleshooting, I decided the control box had gone bad so I replaced it. The old one was a clear box (it's from 2019 so not old) and the new one is a clear box (set to #1) so I just swapped them out and ignored the green grounding wire. The exhaust fan shuts off after 10-20 mins now when plugged in with the new control box. The weird thing is the red call light below fan lo/hi switch comes on when plugged in too and that stays on. I put the old control box back in and the red call light is on continuously (of course the exhaust fan also never shuts off) so I don't know if this is normal or if I still have a problem. I thought it should only turn on when I turn the thermostat on. I'm afraid to turn the thermostat on and try it until I know for sure. I did add the green grounding wire (which wasn't there with the old clear control box), and the exhaust fan still turns off properly but the red call light stays on.

My CB1200 exhaust fan quit shutting off after the 10-20 minutes when I would plug it in (it would also spontaneously turn on randomly before it failed entirely). After doing some troubleshooting, I decided the control box had gone bad so I replaced it. The old one was a clear box (it's from 2019 so not old) and the new one is a clear box (set to #1) so I just swapped them out and ignored the green grounding wire. The exhaust fan shuts off after 10-20 mins now when plugged in with the new control box. The weird thing is the red call light below fan lo/hi switch comes on when plugged in too and that stays on. I put the old control box back in and the red call light is on continuously (of course the exhaust fan also never shuts off) so I don't know if this is normal or if I still have a problem. I thought it should only turn on when I turn the thermostat on. I'm afraid to turn the thermostat on and try it until I know for sure. I did add the green grounding wire (which wasn't there with the old clear control box), and the exhaust fan still turns off properly but the red call light stays on.
In case anyone has this problem: It turned out to be a bad control module (exhaust fan on start up wouldn't shut off) and a bad thermostat (call light on continuously). I also did not use the green wire that is in the instructions.