1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ceiling fan, mirror, and seven years of bad luck

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by LLigetfa, Dec 30, 2012.

1. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    CRASH!!

The wife had set a very large mirror on the mantle which sat there for more than ten years until today. She never did get around to deciding how high to mount it.

Anyway... she was sitting in the hearth room in her wing chair when she asked me what temp the thermostat in the hall was reading. "74 was my reply after which she left the hearth room. A minute later there was a loud crash.

The fireplace blower speed control shares a wallplate with the ceiling fan speed control. I guess she turned the wrong one as she was leaving the room. Rather than turn off the fireplace blower, she turned the ceiling fan on high. Being in Summer mode, it downwashed the wall with enough air to get in behind the mirror and topple it.

If she is destined for seven years of bad luck, I think I'm along for the ride. I tried to help her clean up the mess but she is not fit for company at the moment. Going to lay low for a bit.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wingsfan

wingsfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jackson,Mi.
    Sounds like a good ideal.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    No bad luck. Just pick up the pieces and carry on from here. Perhaps a little extra attention to the lady would be a good idea for the rest of the day.