Ceiling Mount Installation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godchaser

Oct 28, 2015
WV
Getting ready to install my chimney pipe in a couple days. The room we're putting the stove in shoots off side of house and has a cathedral ceiling (used to be a concrete slab, previous owner enclosed it). I'm supposed to pick up the parts tomorrow and was wondering the pros/cons of using/not using ceiling box. Some I've talked to just use a collar. Thoughts?

You need the cathedral kit to do the job properly. Regular black double wall pipe (or single wall) from stove collar to bottom of cathedral box, (box offers clean transition w/ strength, integrity, and proper clearance ) to class a insulated double wall chimney pipe.

Ok. Thanks for the info! Man this whole thing has been a learning process. So glad I found this site!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.