Ceramic Fiber Board broken - safe to still use woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CWest444

Jan 10, 2022
Connecticut
So I did not realize how fragile the ceramic fiber board was and I broke it jamming a piece of wood into my wood stove. Is it safe to run the stove without it? For a few nights at least until I can figure out how to replace it? 🙁

Thank you

So I did not realize how fragile the ceramic fiber board was and I broke it jamming a piece of wood into my wood stove. Is it safe to run the stove without it? For a few nights at least until I can figure out how to replace it? 🙁

Thank you
For a little while it won't hurt anything but you risk damaging the stove if you go to long

Ok thank you! Just need to figure out where to find a replacement piece. Looks easy enough to replace. Lesson learned!
From the stove manufacturer or a dealer