CFM- Good Experience

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

downeast

In an earlier post I whined about the prospect of rebuilding our 2000 VC Encore. Problems: expensive parts, the rebuild dance done too often ( analogous to a Root Canal) , and what would we have as a result. We talked over replacing the Encore with another Oslo, a Hearthstone, or ???.

After getting dealer and online pricing for parts e.g refractory ass'y box, plates, etc... that seemed out of the ordinary, I ordered from CFM Corp's parts web site. Relatively cheaper pricing, less cost for shipping, package in a week--all online with one call to get tracking for FedEx. Perfect. The delicate Refractory Ass'y with the so very special CFM offical sheetrock screws ( 2" BTW) was securely packed waiting for that day in June when we don't need the heat.

Last month I got the VC "offical" Encore Service Manual download from Customer Service at CFM; not easy, but it came and was shared here. The Service Manual saves you all the "figure out" steps for heavy maintenance or rebuilding; well done.
The Mounties don't do Downeast. ;-P

Good job CFM, and thanks. :coolsmile: Now, how about talking to your customers ?

Webmaster said:
So they are selling parts online much cheaper than the dealer price? If so, the dealers ain't gonna be too happy, but I'm glad that the consumers can keep up their stoves cheaper.
T had posted the retail prices - did you pay much less than these?

It's your fault for telling me about being cheap; so the rebuild became the option. Gotta blame someone.
I don't know T's post. The prices are on the < CFMCustomercare.com > site. Our connection here in Siberia is slow or no sat; no DSL or T-1, or juice can string speeds at least in my lifetime. Because of that we don't spend that much time online except for research, some business, communication.

Our Order:
Refractory Ass'y w Access Panel #1602510 $281.38
2 Heat Deflectors #1608629,-30 @ $20.91 each
Shipping $15.

Yeah, those are the new prices - the refractory was 115 or so on the old list and the deflectors were $11 something.
But I guess if you didn't flinch too bad, the price was not too bad. That was our old joke around the shop, the price is OK if the customer doesn't turn blue (which they never did, so the price must have been OK).

Status
Not open for further replies.