1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Chain/Bar oil

Post in 'The Gear' started by NextEndeavor, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Freakingstang

Freakingstang Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Berlin Center, Ohio

mine too.... although cutting for next year never hurts... i'd rather run a saw in 10 degrees than 95 degrees....

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Freakingstang

Loc:
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    how much lighter is it? real world feel? I want one bad after running this 550xp... this muff modded only 550xp is STROOOOOOOONG
  3. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock

Looks like you are ready to do battle with any home invaders stupid enough to make their way into your house. This is what America is about
    Thistle and Freakingstang like this.
  4. Nixon

Nixon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Sunbury ,Pa.
    Can't honestly say that I've weigh either saw. The 562 is wearing a tech lite bar ,and feels noticeably lighter than the 372.
    It's definitely easier on fuel and the back after a few hours of use . But then , I'm on old retired fart,so take that for what it cost ya . :) I'll put it this way, if I had to sell one,it would be the 372 .
  5. Freakingstang

Loc:
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    awesome!, that's what I wanted to hear-quite a bit lighter....that to me is real world weight.... i've got two 372's so i may sell one...
    Nixon likes this.
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

That alone makes a huge difference.
    Nixon likes this.
  7. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I bought about 16 gallons years back when TSC had it on sale for about $2.50/gal............ still have 3 left in the last milk jug crate I was storing them in!
  8. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I remember us talking about this last year but forgot to give it a try.......I'll have to pick up a couple bottles at the dollar store and give it a try.....
  9. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Me too. I found a really outdated gallon in the back of the pantry that I'd bought for the "fry-daddy" some time ago. I was thinking of just dumping it in my #2 fuel oil tank, cutting with it would definitly be better!
    ScotO likes this.
  10. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Most fryer oil is canola. Get some changed out oil - settle it for a month and filter through denim.
    Boog and ScotO like this.
  11. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Zap and Smokinj both had mentioned using it for milling with the chainsaw instead of using bar oil (milling with the chainsaw uses up quite a bit of oil), and they said it works very well. I meant to try it out when we had that discussion, but forgot all about it! I'm definitely gonna try it next time out.

Lee, that's a great idea! I'll get some from my local hot wing haunt up the mountain!
  12. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I checked that oil and no-good, its "Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil", says soybean oil on the label. Problem is is all crystalized up out in the garage sitting next to the still liquid old TSC stuff. If you guys think "soybean oil", is still ok for the saw in warmer temps where its liquid (but not the middle of summer necessarily) I'll still use it. If not, I'll find other uses for it.