G6 at Snook TX Posted By G6 at Snook TX, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

1. G6 at Snook TX

G6 at Snook TX
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2011
    Loc:
    central Texas
    Does anyone use the SuperTech bar/chain oil from Walmart? I have several Stihls and have used their branded oil with good results, but the Walmart brand is cheaper, so money is attractive here. However, would I be inviting trouble to use it?

2. TreePointer

TreePointer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Western PA
    Any dedicated B&C oil should be fine, and it isn't worth paying a premium for Stihl or Husqvarna, IMO. They all have tackifiers that aid in getting the oil down the length of the bar.

Personally, I prefer Tractor Supply B&C oil because it's a little tackier than the SuperTech and the sale price usually makes it the best buy.

3. fabsroman

fabsroman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 1, 2011
    Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Yeah, I have been using some cheaper stuff from Home Depot. Cannot remember the name because I poured it into a gas can and threw away the bottle. The Stihl stuff is a lot more expensive than the other stuff. Even the lower priced Ace Hardware stuff is a good amount cheaper.

4. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

FYI: Stihl is coming out with a cheaper (but not cheap) bar oil. Still the same orange jug but it's a more colorful label.

5. JustWood

JustWood
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    It's only on the bar briefly. If you got'em smoke'em !!!

jeff_t likes this.
  6. jeff_t

jeff_t
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2008
    Loc:
    SE MI
    Yep. I bought four gallons last fall for $7 each. It's on sale a few times thru the year.

7. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 19, 2008
    Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    Yes

8. StihlHead

StihlHead
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I found Wally oil to be too variable in quality. So I use Dura-lube now from a local chain store for $9 a gallon. Poulan is also good stuff and often its cheap, and I buy that when it is on sale. Poulan is owned by Husky...

TreePointer likes this.
  9. Fifelaker

Fifelaker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 3, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Mi
    In the 35 years I have been using a chainsaw I have used about everything but $tihl and Hu$ky oils. I have setteled on the TSC oil I bought 10 gal. last year on sale for $7. If it goes on sale again I will stock up again.

TreePointer likes this.