1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Chain Storage

Post in 'The Gear' started by thewoodlands, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

After looking in the bed of the Rhino and seeing what a mess it was I cleaned it out, I had way to many chains in two bags (all sharp) then found another box in the garage with more chains. So this is the area the chains will stay in, will take one extra back in when cutting.

Zap

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. flewism

flewism Member

Loc:
    newport MI
    That's how I store dull chains. After they are sharpened I store them in individual ziploc storage bags in a small plastic tool box.
    I tend to change chains a lot less ofter now as I'm finally pretty good with a file and use the same chain for a long time unless I rock it or tear it up in some other way.
  3. thewoodlands

Flewism my problem was I never had a system until Friday, you have to start sometime.

zap
  4. webie

webie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    My dull chains when they come home are hung up like that . When I sit down to sharpen after they are sharp they take a bath in a coffee can of tranny fluid then in a ziplock then in a marked box for size . These boxes are stored in a plastic tool box that travels with my saws .
  5. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Keep chains all in one spot either waiting to be use or sharpened really helps in the whole process.

ones that need sharpened are on the right and the peg board are ready

Attached Files:

6. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    I basically have a system of three chains. The last old worn out one hanging on a nail, a new one in original package hanging on the same nail, and the one on my saw.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I'm with quads because I don't like having the big inventory of chains. Sometimes though I'll have the new one in the box. The box I take holds gas can, oil can, brush for cleaning around oil reservoir, grease rag, wedges, sharpener, files and some drinking water. Sometimes I don't even have an extra chain; like now. I changed chains last December and have not picked up a new one yet.
  8. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    seriously? now we have to have pictures of your stupid workbench with your stupid saws? it used to be one or the other, but GAWD, this is overboard.....

brb, i have to go sulk in my jealous depression......
  9. thewoodlands

Smokin I like the sign!

zap

Attached Files:

10. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.