Chains dulling VERY quickly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
54868459[2].jpg

One comment.....when working together with someone, make sure they know to always approach a cutter within full vision from the front....i.e. not from the back or side. Sometimes the saw is picked up out of a cut and moved off to the side (usually left side) and can still be spinning a touch. So always be aware of where the chain is or CAN be.......I really hate it when the kid "helpers" are walking around when I'm bucking up logs. Makes me nervous! Have a very health fear (respect) for the saw, beware the kick back that can/will come at anytime (when top of front sprocket makes contact with something like another log in the pile.....), and always hold on with the left hand to absorb the energy when it comes back.

Last edited:
I didn't read all 4 pages, but I'll chime in anyway.

If you ever saw a demonstration of what a chainsaw will do to a ham in 0.25 seconds, you would RUN to buy chaps.

Even a small speck that flies into your eye can startle you enough to lose control of your saw.

I am a member of several "logging" forums. I've noticed that the hotshot homeowners don't really bother much with PPE, and the professionals are ADAMANT about the need for EVERYONE to wear PPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.