Chainsaw chains ugh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't go wrong with a Husqvarna low kick-back chain. Yes they are a bit more tricky to set the depth raker on but it's worth it unless you are comfortable with a professional chain. I also use Carlton Chains which stay razor sharp but do dramatically increase the risk of kickback. They literally pull ribbons of wood instead of chips.
Quick question- I started using a Husky this year, and an having issues with the depth raker on the chain. There is barely enough clearance for the round file when sharpening the teeth. Also, I am not sure how to file the depth raker down when it needs it. There is a reference line on the raker, looks like right angle line imprinted in the raker. Thanks!

Quick question- I started using a Husky this year, and an having issues with the depth raker on the chain. There is barely enough clearance for the round file when sharpening the teeth. Also, I am not sure how to file the depth raker down when it needs it. There is a reference line on the raker, looks like right angle line imprinted in the raker. Thanks!

Get one of these for you chain size.
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/accessories/filing-tools/2in1file/
It will Take care of teeth and rakers @ the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.