1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Chainsaw combi can

Post in 'The Gear' started by mikefrommaine, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Anyone have or seen a stihl or husqvarna combi can? Looking for something better quality then the cheap stuff available locally.

These two Look promising.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I think there a Pain in the butt. Tie a small rope from the gallon oil can to a gallon gas can.
    Bigg_Redd, Thistle and LEES WOOD-CO like this.
  3. CaddyUser

CaddyUser Member

Loc:
    New Brunswick, Canada
    I have had one of the Husky ones for a number of years. Works great. I especially like the gas filler neck . It is spring loaded and does not spill. One of the better designs that I've seen in a long while.....
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Huh, never seen one of those before. I'm with Jay, looks unnecessarily complicated. But I'd still love to check one out in person!
  5. Here is link to a video of the husqvarna can.

6. I'm down to my last pre-ban on common sense 1 gallon gas can. Haven't been impressed with the new 5 gallon blitz cans I bought. Very thin plastic and of course I spill more gas then ever before.

The stihl and husky cans aren't cheap -- 30£ plus shipping, about $75 delivered. But quality pays in the end.
  7. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    Thanks. Thats the funniest vid I've seen in some time. But then, I aint got money to burn just to have the trick chit.
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

http://www.nospill.com/

Not paper thin like the Blitz junk (I know, I have 2 of them) and they pour faster than any other "new" can I've seen. Plus their spokeswoman is very convincing. She knows her cans. ;lol
    ditchrider and Beardog like this.
  9. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I'm cheap . . . I use the bar oil jug and an old windshield washer fluid jug for my fuel and tie a piece of twine between them . . . nothing fancy, but it works for me like it worked for my father before me.
    Thistle, tfdchief and LEES WOOD-CO like this.
  10. CaddyUser

CaddyUser Member

Loc:
    New Brunswick, Canada

True, they're not cheap, but I was always spilling gas, and generally making a mess with my old bottles/cans. I know, that's my own fault, but no matter how I tried, I always made a mess. The Husky can took all of the guesswork out of the equation.... Just my 5 cents....
  11. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Yeah, the Blitz cans SUCK. I use the No Spill cans. Have two of the 1 1/4 gallon cans for the saws for the mix and the oil and have another 5 gallon one for the splitter and the mower. I only have a single pre-ban 5 gallon can left myself. Still prefer the No Spill to the pre-ban can. I just like how it stops pouring as soon as I let go of the button. There is even an optional tube for them should you have to use them on a vehicle or something where you cannot get the spout into them without the tube.

http://www.nospill.com/

lol - I forego the twine, but I guess it makes them easier to carry with one hand instead of the old one in a hand and the other under an arm. I'll have to debate using twine in the future.
  12. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Agreed !
    All those cans are POS ! I've used the rectangle antifreeze jugs for mix for 20+ years and don't spill . AND no gurgle and FREE !
    smokinj and Thistle like this.
  13. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Am I the only one that throws his saw stuff in an old milk crate to take to the cutting site? Hatchet, chains, tools, gas, oil, all in one place.
  14. JustWood

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    NOPE !
  15. fabsroman

Loc:
    I'm too young for milk crates. I remember my parents having some around the house that they had bought milk in. Do they still have them around. Can I buy them? They would actually be pretty good for storing things in.

Just did a google search and it appears they can be purchased.
  16. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

;lol Fabs, you've got me by over a decade IIRC. I just seem to acquire them every once in a blue moon. 3 or 4 floating around here. All of them say I'm going to jail. :p
    tfdchief and 711mhw like this.
  17. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
    Go down to the Highs store. they got a bunch out back.
    Get the good one's with the metal band around the top!;)
  18. I have a few milk crates around. But prefer a handheld shopping basket for the supplies, little easier to carry.
  19. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Nope, that what I have used for many years
  20. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Small one on the front rack, bigger one on the rear rack.
    Seem to find most of what I need in there somewhere. ;)
    no "no spill" spout on jugs. tried them, spilled too much gasoline with them.

DSCF0521.JPG DSCF0520.JPG
  21. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I have the 1 1/4 no spill and I use Milk Crates too..... Love my Crates. Just not for splitting ;) (sorry Dennis)
  22. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I turned the "you are going to jail" so you couldn't see it. Had this one for probably 30 years.;)
    milk crate.JPG
  23. fabsroman

Loc:
    lol - just mentioned I was going to buy some milk crates and my wife said we already have one out in the garage that she bought 9 years ago. She showed me where it is and I walked by it about 8 times a day. Good thing it wasn't a snake. Downside is it looks too flimsy, but I am going to give it a shot or buy a couple more heavy duty ones.
  24. JustWood

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Go to a flea market or auction. You'll prolly walk out with one full of goodies for a couple bucks.
    MasterMech and Thistle like this.
  25. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    5 gallon buckets work good too.
    I drill a few small holes in the bottom (so they won't hold water)
    Thistle likes this.