Chaps: STIHL Full Wrap Chaps (a closer look)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a quick video, no big deal but here it is

I dont want to over run the other chaps thread so heres a stihl thread
MY REPLY

yesterday I got my first ever keeper chaps, made by stihl 139.99 full wrap. Last Week I originally got the apron chaps in my regular inseam size but I tried them on after I got home & they were short & I didn't like the back being open that much + I realized they were only 6 layers of protection. I immediately returned them to my dealer to exchange them in for full wrap 9 layer chaps, the kind with the straps, 4 sizes longer then my normal inseam size (36). I too only use them on the ground. Last evening I tried them for the first time, they were heavy. I buckled the one around my waist, one around my thigh & 3 behind my calves. They were the perfect length & will now cover my boots so no dust in my socks. They are safety orange color. It was 79 degrees when I was wearing them, I can feel the heat around my calves. The kids thought they were cool & looked like snow board pants. I like them & am keeping them. Easy to wash, takes 25 seconds to put them on, not too hot ( deal with it, safety first for me ) & very comfortable. I can see my self wearing them all day & not think twice, I wore them for about 1 hour, cut a bunch of cookies & no dust in my shows when I took them off, shorts were nice to have on underneath.
I imagine the husqvarna brand is similar in style. Forget brands for a second, I chose full wrap, to me more comfortable, I can leave them on when driving in woods to scrounge wood. I'm not worried about snagging the straps. I like how the back is open & allows the air to flow 9 layers -Mike

Reactions: smokinj
America's Next Stihl Top Model! Good on you for caring about good PPE. Cheers!

Reactions: MasterMech
Nice video.
Sounds like my house!
Macaws ?

Little less dancing and a lot more action. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.