Charity Wood Cut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
Port McNeill, BC - Once a year, the local Baptist Church does a charity wood cut. They supply split wood free to seniors and handicapped, those who are unable to get their own fire wood. There was a lot of splitting by hand, along with two splitters. The green splitter is a neat home built machine made by a retired mechanic. The yellow splitter is mine and although I'm not a Church member, it's a good cause so I did not mind volunteering my time and the machine. In a couple of hours, they did around 10 cords or so! The wood being split was alder and was supplied by Western Forest Products

Attachments

• IMGP4510.JPG
    IMGP4510.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMGP4512.JPG
    IMGP4512.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMGP4513.JPG
    IMGP4513.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGP4517.JPG
    IMGP4517.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP4520.JPG
    IMGP4520.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGP4522.JPG
    IMGP4522.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 136
Very cool cause and goal.

Now there is a very worthy cause that anyone would be proud to join in with! Thanks for posting those pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.