Chased Out By the Wind!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I did get three plus loads stacked (bigtooth aspen) today, when I went back in for the four load the wind really picked up just when I started loading (big ole white pine was rockin).

Got the hell out of the woods and made it home, the lights have been flickering every so often but that has stopped.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5974.JPG
    100_5974.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_5975.JPG
    100_5975.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_5976.JPG
    100_5976.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_5977.JPG
    100_5977.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_5978.JPG
    100_5978.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_5979.JPG
    100_5979.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 138
Looks good, as usual zap. You don't want a branch to blow down on your head, smart to get out. I guess we all play a little Rusian Roulette with the branches, I heard one come crashing down even on a still day recently. I always think twice about cutting down a tree with dead branches.

Zap, you sure do appear to live in a fine place. Nice stacks, as always. Color me envious!

As always, the stacks are looking great Zap.

Reactions: ScotO
I'll bet you kept the hard hat on too zap. Me? I was wearing my zap hat!

Reactions: ScotO
we had some wicked-azz wind and sideways-rain come through around 1:00 this afternoon. I guess the small town just north of us has a pile of trees and branches down, their power is out too. Now it's an autumn-like 60 degrees out, feels great compared to the chit we had last week. Glad you made it out of the woods with your head still in one piece, zappy. Great pics, looks like some more good shoulder season wood there!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yep, good idea to get out zap.
I don't like taking a walk out back when the winds are howling, although I could probably get away pretty quick if a tree came down.
Well, that's what my mind tells me.>> Easier to just stay out of the woods.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
GAWN, had a very small branch come down when I was stacking the third load, not big enough to do any harm.
Pagey, thanks. It's a very small town but we love the area, looks like tomorrow will be reserved for checking or clearing the trails.
Red Oak and Blue2ndaries, thanks. It would have been smarter if I never made the four run. There is a big hill that was blocking most of the wind from the west but when I went back for the last load the wind had more of a southwest direction. With hills on both sides it was coming right down the lane which I was working about 20 yards off of.
Sav, for sure. Not much help if that big pine snapped, I had a bigger split I was using for a chuck in front of the back tire, when that wind hit it was in the rhino...over the split and home.
zap

Scotty, we had the power go out for about 3:30 hours but the wife had made chicken and biscuits just incase the power went out, the power came back on after five so we warmed it up and ate supper, very good.

I agree with you PapaDave, chit the cat was out earlier this morning when a big wind gust hit, he came in so I guess if the cat thinks it's not safe.............well lets just say I should realize that too.

On my way out today I grabbed half a load so I could finish off this rack, I might do another rack of shoulder season wood since I have some stuff split up in the woods.

Attachments

• 100_5998.JPG
    100_5998.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 100
Beautiful. Both the stacks and your property.
How much property do you have anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.