cheap electric leaf blower at Sears (for leaf blower cleaning trick!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bas157

Oct 1, 2012
Near Limerick, PA
Sears has an electric leaf blower on sale right now for $17.99, normal price is #39.99, Item # 07199078000P Model # 24061
That is the cheapest I've seen a new blower for sale anywhere. I picked one up to use for the leaf blower cleaning trick. Haven't used it yet but I will but not shutting the stove down to try it when it is in the teens out there! Just thought I'd post it here incase anyone else is looking for a cheap leaf blower.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07199078000P?origin=sears.com&shcapiBypassSSO=true

Reactions: Countryboymo
Be careful...the unit you have is a blower ONLY. The leaf blower trick should be named the Leaf Vacuum Trick. You need a blower / vacuum combo. You attach the end to your exhaust pipe and use the VACUUM setting to suck the ash out of the pipe. If you hook up and blow into the pipe you will have a bigger mess than anyone wants to think about.
Also disconnect any vacuum lines in the stove, you could damage the vacuum switch.

Reactions: MaryH
Ahh, I thought I could hook the air intake part of the blower up to the exhaust pipe of the stove and use it that way. Didn't realize the blowers were used on the vacuum setting, guess I was thinking it would be sucking air into the blower housing and then blowing the soot/ash out the blower nozzle. Guess I'll probably be returning it then. I certainly know better than to blow into the exhaust pipe, that would be a nightmare to clean up!

I have a P68 so I'll have to check where the vacuum lines may be.

Ahh, I thought I could hook the air intake part of the blower up to the exhaust pipe of the stove and use it that way. Didn't realize the blowers were used on the vacuum setting, guess I was thinking it would be sucking air into the blower housing and then blowing the soot/ash out the blower nozzle. Guess I'll probably be returning it then. I certainly know better than to blow into the exhaust pipe, that would be a nightmare to clean up!

I have a P68 so I'll have to check where the vacuum lines may be.

You should be able to hook the vent of the pellet stove to the intake of the leaf blower....it just will take a little more effort than the ones with the vacuum attachment.

You have the right idea....ash goes in through the intake and out through the nozzle.....

We suck through the air intake. It works ok

That unit looks basically identical to the Homelite branded product I bought at HD for $39 and change, minus the fact it doesn't come with the suck tubes.

You could probably get that one to work with a PVC coupler and some duct tape....which you'll probably need anyway if you go with the Homelite.

That unit looks basically identical to the Homelite branded product I bought at HD for $39 and change, minus the fact it doesn't come with the suck tubes.

You could probably get that one to work with a PVC coupler and some duct tape....which you'll probably need anyway if you go with the Homelite.

I have a leaf blower/vacuum and used a PVC reducer 4" to 3" rubber fernco with a piece of foam to make up the diameter on the 3" side that connects to the stove.

Sold by: Sears $39.99 sale must be over now it's sunday....looks IDENTICAL to my toro

Status
Not open for further replies.