Check this deal out....it's comical!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papa bears stove

Hearth Supporter
Might be saving $200-$500 buying it. But a warranty is worth that much, to me anyways.

If the re-sale value of Quads has gone up that much, mine is going on CL!!! :)

Well there are 5 tons of pellets with it :p.

You are right Smokey so let's total the price. I like to know the new prices. See pic below.
This Classic Bay CB1200 was taken this year so the price is recent.

$2459.00 - Classic Bay CB1200
$509.00 - Trim Package
$122.00 - Log Set
$133.00 - T-Stat
Total
$3223

5 Tons of wood pellets at say $240.00 per ton:
240x5 = $1200

$3223
$1200
Grand Total
$4423
However I do not see a Gold or Nickel Trim Package or a Log set! That would reduce this price. However this price is at Fallon Home & Hearth. Their prices are fair and it could sell higher elswhere. ? ? ?
That is the just the facts!

Click pic to enlarge:

Attachments

• IMG02057-20120220-1312.jpg
    IMG02057-20120220-1312.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 166
You are right Smokey so let's total the price. I like to know the new prices. See pic below.

$509.00 - Trim Package
$122.00 - Log Set
$133.00 - T-Stat
Total
$3223

240x5 = $1200

$3223
$1200
Grand Total
$4423
However I do not see a Gold or Nickel Trim Package or a Log set! That would reduce this price. However this price is at Fallon Home & Hearth. Their prices are fair and it could sell higher elswhere. ? ? ?

Click pic to enlarge:

So about $4,000 without the Logs and Trim...The main thing your not including is the Warranty. I would pay about $2,000 for that stove, with pipe, pad, and pellets.. $4,000 and NO Warranty is Way to High!

So about $4,000 without the Logs and Trim...The main thing your not including is the Warranty. I would pay about $2,000 for that stove, with pipe, pad, and pellets.. $4,000 and NO Warranty is Way to High!

You are quite right Dexter. Some people do not realized that once a brand new stove is used, it is a used stove! I have found that it does not matter if the stove is 10 months old or 10 years old, the price is usually reduced to approx half the new price! I have seen a few stoves where the price was close to the new price and they do not sell!

Hubby bought this thing and now he is gone. Make me an offer.

That stove sells around my neck of the woods for about $2200 brand new, especially with HHT always having a special where you save up to $300 depending on the model. I agree with Dex that around $2000 for everything is where I would be.

$509.00 - Trim Package
$122.00 - Log Set
$133.00 - T-Stat
Total
$3223

240x5 = $1200

$3223
$1200
Grand Total
$4423

Click pic to enlarge:

Being you are an engineer I see a little issue with the above (not that it matters much but must be more precise than that) she is including pipe and hearth pad and you might want to add error bars to the pellet price.

ETA: Otherwise one might think you are a climatologist and doing post normal science.

Being you are an engineer I see a little issue with the above (not that it matters much but must be more precise than that) she is including pipe and hearth pad and you might want to add error bars to the pellet price.

ETA: Otherwise one might think you are a climatologist and doing post normal science.

Yes, but used pipe may not ad alot of value. I got some used pipe with a stove once. It went outside and up and each joint was chock full of RTV. I could not get the pieces apart without destroying them.

Yes, but used pipe may not ad alot of value. I got some used pipe with a stove once. It went outside and up and each joint was chock full of RTV. I could not get the pieces apart without destroying them.

Don, everything is used. Not just the pad and pipe. The stove is used and you listed the New price.

If I paid $2,000 for it, this would be my breakdown on how.....

$1,300 Stove
$100 Pipe
$100 Hearth pad
$500 pellets ($100 x 5 ton)

None of its new and they want ti sell it. Items being sold, have a hard time going for over 50% retail. Unless you show them some ridiculous price.

People sell 25-PDVC's around here for $1,000 (finally sell at $400) and they put Home Depots Full asking price ($1,450 IIRC) in a Link. Knowing damn well they didnt pay that themselves. A Reurb unit from AMFM is about $800 shipped. I get that they want to recoup some cash. But you must understand that there is always a better deal somewhere else. Especially when buying used.

There are only a handful of stoves I would pay over $1,500 used for. And a couple of those are Furnaces (Got my Fahrenheit with Venting and Duct system and Back-draft dampers for $2,000 / only used 1 season / deals are out there).

Don, everything is used. Not just the pad and pipe. The stove is used and you listed the New price.

If I paid $2,000 for it, this would be my breakdown on how.....

$1,300 Stove
$100 Pipe
$100 Hearth pad
$500 pellets ($100 x 5 ton)

None of its new and they want ti sell it. Items being sold, have a hard time going for over 50% retail. Unless you show them some ridiculous price.

People sell 25-PDVC's around here for $1,000 (finally sell at $400) and they put Home Depots Full asking price ($1,450 IIRC) in a Link. Knowing damn well they didnt pay that themselves. A Reurb unit from AMFM is about $800 shipped. I get that they want to recoup some cash. But you must understand that there is always a better deal somewhere else. Especially when buying used.

There are only a handful of stoves I would pay over $1,500 used for. And a couple of those are Furnaces (Got my Fahrenheit with Venting and Duct system and Back-draft dampers for $2,000 / only used 1 season / deals are out there).

I agree Dexter, your prices are where it should be! The pellets are new so maybe more for them?

I agree Dexter, your prices are where it should be! The pellets are new so maybe more for them?

Nope... They are used also..

Nothing on CL gets a "New" Price for a "Used" product.

Nothing........ You bought them. If you want to sell them. Then they have to be a good deal. Otherwise, I will just pay full price and support my local business and economy.

OMV would you agree that $150/ton would be about right for those pellets provided they aren't recycled construction waste.

If they are recycled construction waste then $100/ton is reasonable.

So that would put the deal at about $2250.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.