Cherry already dry??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
So, this cherry I got hasn't been down and bucked for 2 weeks now, yet it looked and sounded nice and dry, so I threw a couple pieces on the fire tonight. Wow did it burn well. No hissing at all. Does cherry dry quickly like ash?

I think cherry is almost like ash where you can almost burn it green, anyone else have any thoughts?

Yes, we've also burned cherry green, but it is still best to let it season over the summer. And yes, cherry is about like ash. I believer the actual btu is slightly less than ash but still good wood for burning.

I burned mostly cherry this year. The stuff I was able to get was very dry and well seasoned, so I can't speak for how well it burns green. The seasoned stuff I used was great though.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.