Cherry Pits at TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up 6 bags at $4.59 a bag. Pellets are getting harder to find around here. Mixed them 50/50 with my normal stuff....will report back with how they do in a day or so.

PoolGuyinCT said:
4.59 @ tractor supply. so i grabbed a bag.. cut it, went to let my barking schnauzers in, sack turned on its side BOOM 40 pounds of pits rolling on hardwood floor... sucked them up with dirty shop vac and through them out.... oh well

Oops, so sorry to hear that. :-S
The cherry pits are definitely like little jumping beans compared to pellets, and I'm always especially careful handling these in the scoop.

1D

toomany said:
I just picked up 6 bags at $4.59 a bag. Pellets are getting harder to find around here. Mixed them 50/50 with my normal stuff....will report back with how they do in a day or so.

Don't panic when you hear the large pops as the CP go through the auger, yet CP haven't broken anything as of yet on my stove, but wow the noise!

Be ready to make adjustments to your feed and air, or you may not be happy with the results.

Looking forward to your reports.

1D

Status
Not open for further replies.